Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Father's Day Quiche.



Last weekend it was Father's Day, as most of you probably know, and when I asked my Dad what culinary creation I could make him for breakfast his answer was quiche. As a lover of quiche I was glad of his choice and instantly started thinking of flavors to make. I ended up making two different kinds (with my mother's help), and of course it was tasty and definitely satisfying. One of the two recipes used was mainly my idea and consisted of baby spinach and sun dried tomatoes. It turned out to be my favorite of the two although both were extremely good. Even though I had to wake up earlier than normal to complete these, it was all worth it in the end.

Quiche with sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach:

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 large onion
  • 12 sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 cups Mozarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
  • Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • Store bought pastry shell

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a pan, saute onion with butter until softened. Take off heat and set aside. Thinly slice sun dried tomatoes and also set aside. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream until combined, then add cheeses, tomatoes, onions, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired. Bake for about 40 minutes and let cool.



1 comment: