Sunday, June 7, 2009

A "Sick" Day.

A couple of weeks ago I woke up and it was just one of those days when going to school looked like about the worst experience ever. So I asked my mom if for one day, just one day, I could stay home and if you can't already guess, it was a yes.
My day was pretty uneventful, just mostly sitting on the couch or going on the computer, but suddenly, of course, I had the need to bake. While on the computer I was looking at different recipes that I could try, when I came across one that looked extra appealing. The name Cinnamon Roll Cookies jumped out at me, making me instantly hungry and completely ecstatic. I wrote down the recipe and prepared myself to make the cookies that would soon, but not soon enough, find their way into my stomach.

Cinnamon Roll Cookies:

Filling-
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Dough-
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For filling, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and put to the side.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt for dough, set aside. Then cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients on low speed just until incorporated.

Roll dough into a 16 by 9 inch rectangle and sprinkle half of filling mixture over top. Begin on the long side and roll dough into a log, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar and let chill for at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment. Take out chilled dough and cut into 1/4 inch slices. then place on baking sheet to bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Let cool for at least 5 minutes and then move to a rack.

I then mixed up some of the regular cinnamon roll icing and drizzled the cookies with it to add that extra cinnamon roll taste.

I definitely recommend these cookies to anyone who loves cinnamon buns just like me! Try this recipe and I'm sure you'll love it.


1 comment:

  1. that is my kinda sick day!!! these sound amazing :) hope ya don't mind...I'm going to add your food blog link to my blog so I can follow it!!! you better get baking !! :)

    ReplyDelete